Current and prospective students may see an academic advisor during walk-in hours or by appointment.
Engineering Building Unit II (EBU2), first floor
|9:00 - 11:30am||Appointments||Appointments||Appointments||Walk-ins||Walk-ins|
|1:30 - 3:00pm||Walk-ins||Walk-ins||Closed||Appointments||Appointments|
Monday & Tuesday: 1:30 - 3:00 pm
Thursday & Friday: 9:00 - 11:30 am
These sessions are designed to last a maximum of 15 minutes and include:
- Degree checks
- Academic planning review for the upcoming quarter only
- Academic forms
- Academic questions NOT involving a long-term plan
- Requesting clearance for courses
- Questions about MSE courses (waitlists, prerequisites, quarters offered, etc.)
- Appointments are not necessary for the above inquiries
Walk-In Advising Policies
- Hours are subject to change. Please refer to our updated calendar to check if we are in the office before heading over.
- The last sign-in for morning advising is at 11:30am; the last sign-in for an afternoon session is at 3:00pm.
- Walk-in sessions are on a first come, first serve basis.
- These sessions are designed to last a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Sign in using the computer in the front lobby and wait for an advisor to call you.
Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday: 9:00 - 11:30 am
Thursday & Friday: 1:30 - 2:30 pm
These sessions are designed to last up to 30 minutes and typically require more in-depth advising, such as:
- Long term planning
- Reviewing your degree to make sure you are on track to graduate
- Concerns about your academic performance
- Appointments must be requested at least two business days in advance.
- We do not schedule same-day appointments.
- Besides a confirmation email, no reminder emails will be sent.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late, you will need to submit a new request to reschedule your appointment.
- If you need to reschedule/cancel your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible.
- We may need to reschedule your appointment in the event of an emergency. Always check your UCSD email before heading to your advising appointment.
How to Schedule
Please email: email@example.com
- Subject: Your Name, 'Appointment'
- Please provide:
- Your PID
- Purpose of visit and
- Available dates/times to schedule an appointment