Be Prepared for Your Advising Session
- Check your degree audit for all completed and needed courses to verify that all information is accurate.
- Complete the Academic Planning Worksheet to organize your courses and to stay on track for graduation.
Students can submit questions to the MAE advisors online through the Virtual Advising Center (VAC).
- Requests MUST be made at least TWO business days in advance - we do not schedule same-day appointments.
- Submit requests for multiple days, do not submit requests for only one day and only within a short, restricted time frame.
Note: Advisors will only wait 5 minutes for the student to join the meeting. If the student fails to attend, the student must submit a request for a new meeting.
*For ALL questions related to the BS/MS programs or the grad programs, please see here for graduate advising options.
(ALL advising requires an appointment)
Current and prospective students may also visit academic advisors during walk-in hours or by appointment in our EBU II, offices 169 and 180. See the guide below to help you in determining the best way to contact us.
Walk-in Advising (NO walk-ins, MUST schedule an in-person appointment!)
In-Person Advising hours:
Tuesday & Thursday: 9:00 am - 11:30 am
1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
These sessions are designed to last a maximum of 15 minutes and include:
- Degree audit checks and corrections
- Academic planning review for the upcoming quarter only
- Academic forms review (double-major petitions, EAP, OAP, International Student Forms, etc.).
- Academic questions NOT involving a long-term plan
- Requesting clearance for courses
- Questions about MAE courses (waitlists, prerequisites, quarters offered, etc.)
In-Person Advising Policies
-Hours are subject to change. Please refer to our live calendar (below) to check if we are in the office before heading over
-The last sign-in for in-person advising is at 3:30 pm.
-Sign in using the computer in the front lobby and wait for an advisor to call you
- Monday 9:00 am - 11:30 am (Zoom only)
- Tuesday 9:00 am - 3:30 pm (In-person)
- Wednesday 9:00 am - 3:30 pm (Zoom only)
- Thursday 9:00 am - 3:30 pm (In-person)
- Friday 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm (Zoom only)
These sessions are designed to last up to 30 minutes and typically require more in-depth advising, such as:
- Long term planning
- Reviewing your degree audit to make sure you are on track to graduate
- Concerns about your academic performance
-Appointments must be requested at least TWO business days in advance
-We do not schedule same-day appointments
-Please request appointments on multiple days, not just one.
-The last appointment of the morning is 11-11:30 am, and afternoon is 2:30-3:00 pm.
-Besides a confirmation email, no reminder emails will be sent
-If you are more than 10 minutes late, you will need to submit a new request to reschedule your appointment
-If you need to reschedule/cancel your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
-We may need to reschedule your appointment in the event of an emergency. Always check your UCSD email before heading to your advising appointment.
How to schedule
-Check the advising calendar (below) for availability
-Submit your appointment request using this google form
Note: Requests MUST be made at least TWO business days in advance - we do not schedule same-day appointments.
Chad Baldwin, Undergraduate Academic Advisor (last names A-L)
EBU II, room 180, email@example.com, (858) 534-0114
Nadia Espinoza, Undergraduate Academic Advisor (last names M-Z)
EBU II, room 169, firstname.lastname@example.org, (858) 822-2035
Regina Ready, Intake Advisor
EBU II, room 182, email@example.com, (858) 246-2018
Zachary Dake, Director of Student Affairs
EBU II, room 172, firstname.lastname@example.org, (858) 534-4065
Professor Geno Pawlak, Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate Affairs Committee Chair
Professor Antonio Sanchez, Aerospace Engineering Undergraduate Affairs Committee Chair
Chad's unavailable appointments slots: Orange. | Nadia's unavailable appointments slots: Purple.