Be Prepared for Your Advising Session
- Check your degree audit for all completed and needed courses to verify that all information is accurate.
- Complete the Academic Planning Worksheet to organize your courses and to stay on track for graduation.
- Know your resources and contacts:
Career Information/ Resume Building:
Academic transcripts/transferred courses:
Graduate Advising (BS/MS, MS, PhD):
Virtual Advising Center:
Students can submit questions to the MAE advisors online through the Virtual Advising Center (VAC).
If you prefer to have a video advising session via ZOOM, please submit your appointment request using this google form and use your ucsd.edu email address.
- Requests MUST be made at least TWO business days in advance - we do not schedule same-day appointments.
- Submit requests for multiple days to allow for greater flexibility.
- Advisors will only wait 5 minutes for the student to join the meeting. If the student fails to attend, the student must submit a request for a new meeting.
*For ALL questions related to the BS/MS program or the grad programs, please see here for graduate advising options.
*For ALL questions related to general admission to UCSD, please contact the UCSD Admissions Office.
Other Advising Options
In-person Advising (NO walk-ins. All advising requires an appointment)
In-Person Advising hours:
Monday (Last names M-Z) & Wednesday (Last names A-L): 9:00 am - 11:30 am
1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Hours are subject to change. .
- Monday 9:00 am - 11:30 am, 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm (Zoom and In-person option for last names M-Z)
- Tuesday 9:00 am - 11:30 am, 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm (Zoom only)
- Wednesday 9:00 am - 11:30 am, 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm (Zoom and In-person option for last names A-L)
- Thursday 9:00 am - 11:30 am, 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm (Zoom only)
- Friday 9:00 am - 11:30 am, 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm (Zoom only)
-Requests MUST be made at least TWO business days in advance - we do not schedule same-day appointments.
- Please be sure to confirm your appointment by replying "Yes" to your Zoom/Meeting invitation. Otherwise, we will give your place to somebody else.
-Request appointments on multiple days, not just one, in order to offer greater flexibility.
-Besides a confirmation email, no reminder emails will be sent
-If you are more than 5 minutes late, you will need to submit a new request to reschedule your appointment
-If you need to reschedule/cancel your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
-We may need to reschedule your appointment in the event of an emergency. Always check your UCSD email before heading to your advising appointment.
How to schedule:
-Submit your appointment request using this google form
Chad Baldwin, Undergraduate Academic Advisor (last names A-L)
EBU II, room 163, email@example.com, (858) 534-0114
Nadia Espinoza, Undergraduate Academic Advisor (last names M-Z)
EBU II, room 166, firstname.lastname@example.org, (858) 822-2035
Regina Ready, Intake Advisor
EBU II, room 182, email@example.com, (858) 246-2018
Engineering Building Unit II (EBU II), first floor